Thursday, May 27, 2010

IS IT SPRING YET?

It's been a long winter, what with having total knee replacement surgery the beginning of January, and then heart valve and stomach problems from the post op drugs. I'm just now getting my strength back. You know it's been cool and rainy when the lilacs and iris are in bloom at the same time! It still feels like winter, and the rain just keeps coming down by the buckets.
The rhodies are loving this rainy weather. This one by the lamp post, I threatened last year. If it didn't bloom I was going to yank it out! It bloomed for the first time in years!!!


The delphiniums are not quite as upright anymore after the heavy down pours we've had lately.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aly sun said...

What, a blog post! You've made my day. I'm so glad to see pictures of your beautiful yard. Always inspiring -- even in the rain.

Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 4:39:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Cathy said...

The Irises that you gave us, we are thoroughly enjoying in their new place by the arbor. We drive up and the color just pops, especially in this gloomy weather! I think of you often, everytime I see them in their purple glory. Thanks for sharing your pictures and thanks for sharing your beautiful flowers!

Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 7:13:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home