Wednesday, September 23, 2009

THE JOYS OF AUTUMN

Autumn Joy Sedum and Russian Sage (top right of picture) are 2 of my favorite low or no water plants. In the above picture they receive absolutely no additional summer water!
Actually these under my kitchen window don't get any water either!


Our Crape Myrtle are finally blooming. I was afraid they'd wait so long this year that it would frost first and we'd totally miss them. Jessi says theirs in Virginia are almost done, while ours are just beginning. This particular variety is 'Tuscarora' and I love how it goes so well with the Autumn Joy Sedum.

This is one of our reblooming iris, 'Buckwheat'. These beds with the Crape Myrtle, Delphiniums, and reblooming iris get watered once a week.

I also have fall crocus planted wherever I have the Autumn Joy Sedum because their colors go so well together, I know where they are when dormant, and they bloom at the same time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never get tired of looking at all the beauty of your yard. My Autumn glory has turned brown, sure hope it thrives next spring.

Thursday, November 5, 2009 at 1:33:00 PM PST  
Blogger Marci said...

Mine are a dark shade of burgandy at the moment, but will be become brown as fall progresses. Not to worry. They're especially beautiful in the winter with snow on them. Then as spring comes new growth comes up from the bottom and you can remove the old stalks.

Thursday, November 5, 2009 at 2:24:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home