Wednesday, June 15, 2011

IRIS ARE STILL GOING...AND GOING...

Yes, this cool weather is good for something? The iris are still blooming? So if you want to come visit, you still have some time. It's hard to believe that Jessi and Andrew are having 90+ degrees in Virginia, while we struggle to get to the upper 60's!
"Bewilderbeast" happens to be one of Josiah's picks. We've been babying it for years and it is finally blooming...one stalk worth! But it's "bewildered" beauty is well worth the wait.
The last of the new beds out back are finally maturing and looking good this year. Yes, it is the last new bed. I guess I'm finally coming to grips with my physical limitations.
"Trillion" and Poppa John" are two of my favorites because of their horned beards.
All the Snow in Summer is pretty with the iris, but can be too much of a good thing. I have a lot of thinning out to do to keep the iris rhizomes open to the sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home