Saturday, April 11, 2009

LEARNING THE SECRET OF CONTENTMENT

When I'm tempted to be discouraged about the one fourth of a year without my kitchen, I look out in my yard at the renewed beauty of spring, after a very hard winter, and know that my life also has seasons.
And...I remember that being content is learned. The apostle Paul says in Philippians 4:11-13, "...I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation...I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."
I've learned a lot about being content in the last 3 months... and patience... and trust... and just waiting on the Lord...for He is good and He always knows whats best because His love endures forever!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Ahh, to be content! To be able to look outside the box of hard times is so hard. To be able to focus on what God means to you and what He is doing in the midst of it all is a gift! Thanks for the reminder and for sharing the beauty of your gardens!

Monday, April 13, 2009 at 8:59:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home