Saturday, November 08, 2008

BOSTON PUBLIC GARDENSI love all the history in Boston, but you know me and gardens! I'd have to say this was my favorite place in Boston. It was a place of such beauty and tranquility, while just across Charles St. in Boston Commons an Obama/anti-war rally was being assembled. They were noisy, foul mouthed, and mean spirited. Needless to say we didn't mind waiting for them to get on their way while we sat on a bench in the beautiful gardens. By the way there is a brass sculpture "Make Way for Ducklings" that was inspired by the famous 1941 children's book that was written by Robert McCloskey. I never could get a clear shot of them because there was a continual stream of kids climbing on them, so here's the real version! My first exposure to the book, "Make Way for Ducklings" was when as a kid I heard it read on Captain Kangaroo!
Standing in awe of a great general and our first commander in chief, George Washington! This was our first stop on our walking tour of the Public Gardens.


1 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

What a beautiful park!

Monday, November 10, 2008 at 12:34:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home