Wednesday, November 29, 2006

THANKSGIVING 2006

Of all years to decide to do a fresh bouquet for the Thanksgiving table! It poured down rain all day with no let up, so I had to go out in it to collect flowers. I got soaked, but amazingly found some still really good stuff! I still had quite a few roses, hydrangea, and some incense Cedar for filler. Martha Stewart top that! (Wait till you see what my dad can do with a turkey carcass!) Good thing I have a big kitchen! When we were building this house, the framers did nothing but make fun of my huge kitchen and it's view. Wish they could see what a blessing it's been to our family over the last 15 years.
Does that look good or what? Are you drooling? No! Grandad, save some for the rest of us! Our Great Nephew, Benton, enjoying Thanksgiving dinner. He loved Great Aunt Marci's Cranberry Salad and kept wanting refills till his mom said no more. Next year I'll have to make sure to make plenty!
Thanksgiving day is a difficult day to try to celebrate your birthday. You're too full of Pumpkin Pie to enjoy your cake! But my sister, Sherri, and I, celebrating our 52nd and 53rd birthdays 2 days apart, did our best to enjoy hot, Pumpkin Spice cake in the late afternoon. Only 4 points Weight Watchers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Happy Birthday to the both of you!
I didn't realize that you guys were so close together in age. My sister and I are exactly 13 months apart...so you have us beat! Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving/Birthday celebration with everyone!

Thursday, November 30, 2006 at 1:11:00 PM PST  
Blogger Grandma Sherri said...

It was good cake too. I wonder who all is hiding behind Tom in that full kitchen shot?

Friday, December 1, 2006 at 4:16:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home