Sunday, November 26, 2006

FROM BROADWAY TO SINGING WITH THE BROOKLYN TABERNACLE CHOIR!

Carissa, Dennis and I before the Broadway Show Saturday night, our last night in NYC! The Broadway Show that was included with our travel package was Beauty and the Beast, one of my favorites. I cry every time I see the movie, so I was wondering how I'd be with the live production. I cried of course!

Andrew, Jessi, Dennis, me, and Carissa excitedly waiting for the show to begin. You can see some of the rest of our group behind us.

The seminars at this years conference were taught by Jim and Carol Cymbala themselves-a real treat! What we learned was been just what we needed as our choir has been leaderless since August! Carol is an excellent choir director, who reads no music and so teaches every song with no written notes. It's a little hard to get used to at first for those of us who are used to reading music. She worked us hard for 4 hours at choir practice Friday night, but with the with worship, prayer, and testimonies mixed in, it flew by. And finally what we'd been looking forward to throughout the whole conference, the carrot at the end of the stick so to speak: Singing with the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir during the Sunday service. You can't describe the feeling and the sound of singing praise to our Lord Jesus Christ with close to 1000 voices! Awesome!! Can't wait till Heaven!!!Look closely and you'll see me (right in the middle of the picture below) singing my heart out along with Tammy, our choir president on the left, and Russ, our former choir director on the right.Our welcoming committee! They were definitely glad to have us home. Sheba had to smell everything to see where all we'd been, and Bernard would rub and purr in between the dirty looks, as if to say "Please don't leave me again. I missed you!" It feels good to be missed...And as much as I loved NYC, it's good to be home!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Oh, that sounds so cool! I'd love to be able to do something like that someday! What great memories you all have!! Hey, did you get snow this morning?!

Monday, November 27, 2006 at 12:16:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home